Dundas Little League Spring Baseball Clinics
Submitted By admin on Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Dundas Little League is pleased to announce that we are planning to run two tournament teams (Minor and Major Little League) for this upcoming 2017season. There will be an official try out (date TBD) slated for June to finalize both teams. This is a great opportunity for all players who would like to play a little extra baseball against different communities at a more competitive level.
To support players wishing to try out for one of these teams, as well as any house
league player who wishes some extra practice time, Dundas Little League is
running Tournament Team Clinics throughout the month of April. Any players
interested are asked to show up ready for baseball each Friday in April (except
Good Friday) and May 7, starting at 6 PM – 8 PM at Martino Park.
The following should help you understand what this is about:
- Dates of the clinics Friday April 7, 21, 28 and May 7 at Martino Park 6 PM – 8 PM
- Dress ready to play baseball (like going to practice), dress in layers to stay warm!
- No need to sign up so just show up to as many of these clinic days as possible for April
- This is not a try out but will support players to be ready for the official try outs in early May
- Cost of the four clinics is a one-time fee of $5 payable in cash when you show up to any one of the clinic opportunities (pay only once)
- Clinic will be run by coaches within Dundas Little League
- Attendance to these clinics is not a requirement to try out for a tournament team.
- These clinics are separate from Extra Innings spring training (if you signed up) which has more of a fundamental approach to the techniques of baseball, our clinics will focus on technique as well as team and situational game conditions
- Once the tournament teams are set there is a separate team fee usually ranging from $150 - $200 that is set by each team with input from parents and depends upon the number of tournaments each team participates in. The commitment of the tournament team throughout the summer is usually once practice or game a week (in addition to your house league team) and three or four tournaments by the end of the season
Hope to see you out at the ball park soon!!